Last week I read about Jio looking at 5G Network Architecture Option 6. There were also a few discussions on Twitter with users sounding a bit confused. So here is my attempt to explain what is Option 6. Video and slides embedded below.
You can also see this original video where Satish Jamadagni, Vice President – Network Planning Engineering, Head of Standards at Reliance Jio talks about the need for Option 6.
Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments below.
- Operator Watch Blog: Jio going it alone for 5G Development
- Operator Watch Blog: Jio is the Largest Mobile Network in India by Subscriber Numbers
- Operator Watch Blog: Jio Makes Another Set of Extremely Bold Announcements
- The 3G4G Blog: 5G Network Architecture Options (Updated)
- The 3G4G Blog: The Politics of Standalone vs Non-Standalone 5G & 4G Speeds
- The 3G4G Blog: What about 5G Network Architecture Option 4 (a.k.a. NE-DC) ?
- The 3G4G Blog: Would 5G NSA undergo Sunset? When?
- The 3G4G Blog – Tutorial: Service Based Architecture (SBA) for 5G Core (5GC)
- 3G4G: Free 2G, 3G, 4G & 5G Training Videos
- 3G4G: 5G (IMT-2020) Wireless
- 3G4G: 3GPP 5G Standards and Specifications
- Free 5G Training