I have been thinking about the long term evolution of 5G and have now reached the conclusion that it would make sense in the long run to switch off non-standalone 5G. This would of course be only after 5G core has been tested and used extensively. Instead of writing my reasoning, here is a 10 minute video and the corresponding slides.
Let me know what you think in the comments below. If you agree, when do you think is the best time for 5G NSA Sunset?
- The 3G4G Blog: 5G Network Architecture Options (Updated)
- The 3G4G Blog: The Politics of Standalone vs Non-Standalone 5G & 4G Speeds
- The 3G4G Blog: What about 5G Network Architecture Option 4 (a.k.a. NE-DC) ?
- Operator Watch Blog: The Many Firsts of STC Kuwait
- The 3G4G Blog: Service Based Architecture (SBA) for 5G Core (5GC)
- The 3G4G Blog: 5G Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS)
- 3G4G: Free 2G, 3G, 4G & 5G Training Videos
- 3G4G: 5G (IMT-2020) Wireless
- 3G4G: 3GPP 5G Standards and Specifications
- Free 5G Training